Temporary exhibitions


The Interpretation Centre permanent exhibition is complemented by Temporary Exhibitions inside its facilities, whose objective is to make local master craftsmen known. They keep the traditional pottery of the area alive with their hands and/or they design new methods for a more environmentally-friendly artistic creation.


<br>

miércoles, 8 de abril de 2015

“Weightess Worlds”



Sorrow upon sorrow arises from the quarry when the potter cleaves out the clay. Sorrow upon sorrow comes from the earth when master digger shifts the soil to make his refuge.

The man, an able potter, shapes his home in the hill and finishes it with a high turned chimney on the top. The caves have been shaping the day landscape of Guadix over the centuries. This landscape has fascinated me from the first moment I saw it, when it came into view at the foot of the white peaks of the Sierra Nevada mountains 15 years ago. The caves fascinate me and their chimneys captivate me.

With this exhibition, “Weightless Worlds” I want to pay tribute to the Guadix cave dwellings, their makers and their inhabitants. As a potter, humbly modelling clay, I feel very dose to their formation and, as a ceramist, the enchantment of this fantastic world evokes me and transfers me to the “weightlessness of dreams”.

Pictures:



0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario